Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Category Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 10 months++
- Pay rate: 55-58/hr.
- Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Job# bh12123
We are looking for a driven and self-motivated individual to support our growing business, with a proven track record in Category Management. The individual will manage and lead a global project to improve our supplier contract compliance. You will work closely with our Legal team and other team leads to improve contracting quality and accuracy levels.
- Identifies category and supplier agreement contract gaps; proposes appropriate strategy to implement and execute new supplier agreements. Consult with stakeholder team, and manage workflow to ensure that project goals are met
- Apply best practice to eliminate unnecessary duplication and complexity across end to end process
- Select and develop contract agreement standards with Legal to accelerate supplier agreement execution
- Support internal stakeholders in the management of the supplier relationship to drive continuous improvement across all aspects of the end to end process
- Utilize our Contract Management System to administrate agreements. Generate and upload agreement into relevant document repository and add metadata to support Contract Lifecycle Management
- Communicate contract information set into Order Management & Delivery team
Cost Reduction/ Business Benefits
- Utilize Spend & Supplier Data to target and prioritize supplier base; rank supplier and segment suppliers accordingly
- Identify potential business benefit opportunities and work with Category subject matter expert to execute quality, cost and service improvements where applicable
- Expedite internal approvals, gain stakeholder support and facilitate agreement resolution. Demonstrate execution.
- Actively manage and optimize engagement approach to establish possible ‘quick wins’
- Engage suppliers directly to initiate contract discussions
- Perform relevant supplier due diligence when required by the Enterprise Risk Management policy
- Implement any supplier risk mitigations
- Communicate extensively with internal and external stakeholders
- Tracks target deliverables including supplier contract status, contract completions, supplier risks, cost savings, and spend under contract compliance. Provide monthly reports
- Extensive experience in category and contracting management with a knowledge of services contracting procurement
- CIPS or equivalent qualification in Purchasing/Supply/Procurement preferred
- Degree or equivalent education standard
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!