Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Corporate Accountant
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 3 months +
- Pay rate: 80-82/hr.
- Job Location: Westford, MA
- Job# bh12108
Senior Accountant –
We are seeking a highly motivated financially focused accounting consultant to join our team. This contract position is planned for the period up to May 2020. This role will report to the Corporate Accounting Director and responsible for the end to end accounting operations in a newly acquired subsidiary.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of the financial close process in a public company, have strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task and a self-starter. The successful candidate is a competent individual with integrity, accountability, and a team player. Additionally, he/she needs to be organized and be able to support the time zones in both the East and the West Coasts.
- Monitor bank accounts and record cash transactions on a daily basis
- Calculate and process monthly sales commissions. Has a clear understanding of the sales commission plans
- Oversee and manage the sales/use tax filing and remittance process via Avalara
- Responsible for all fixed asset accounting and monthly depreciation
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Record monthly journal entries in NetSuite and prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Manage and process all payments related to non-headcount expenses
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure monthly close deliverables are completed in accordance with our close calendar and corporate policies
- Work collaboratively with team members to transition all remaining accounting systems and processes to our systems and process
- Accurately and clearly document accounting policies & procedures where applicable
- Run ad hoc reports as requested by business partners
- Support ad hoc projects and responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-7 years of accounting and month-end close experience in a public company setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with NetSuite.
- Ability to work in both East and West coast time zones.
- Experience with accounting integration work resulting from an acquisition
- Focus on customer satisfaction, able to manage and respond promptly to customer needs
- Efficient task prioritization and time management skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!