Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Manager – Advanced Manufacturing
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 150-160K Plus Bonus
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job# bh12075
Manager, Advanced Manufacturing
The Manager, Advanced Manufacturing, is responsible for developing the next generation high volume manufacturing processes that will connect our revolutionary product to the high growth energy storage market. The manager is responsible for the overall manufacturing concept design, machine supplier/partner selections, in-house equipment and tooling development, implementation of in-line-analytical equipment defined in quality control plan, and process conditions development to be competitive in cost and product quality in the lithium base rechargeable battery market. The Manager needs to work closely with the Product Development engineering team to select and implement analytical equipment, as well as design and develop processes to meet the tolerances defined in product and process specifications. The manager will work closely with the Director, Advanced Manufacturing to define and execute against milestones and product delivery schedules. The Manager should have a strong track record of successful process development of novel manufacturing systems into high volume production. The Manager should have good communication skills to deal with external vendors, partners, and customers. The Manager reports directly to the Director, Advanced Manufacturing.
- Manage the development and implementation of end-to-end high-volume and cost competitive battery production system based on semi-solid electrode technologies invented at the Company.
- Manage activities for process proof-of-concept studies to support mass production line design.
- Manage implementation of high yield process conditions.
- Lead development of proprietary capital equipment as required. Leverage a combination of internal and external resources.
- Build a practical execution plan under the timeline and cost constraints defined by customer requests and synchronize it with the product development and validation timeline.
- Support executing the manufacturing process roadmap synchronized with the product development roadmap based on the Company business model.
- Manage ongoing engineering improvements and optimization to the Company’s existing equipment.
- Manage and motivate the entire manufacturing process & design group, providing clear goals with the agreement of deliverables and timeline of their tasks.
- Contribute as a key member of a cross functional team, serving as a senior engineering leader to make the team successful.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have deep knowledge of and successful experience with:
- Development of end-to-end new manufacturing processes & successive generations.
- High speed manufacturing process implementation both in US and other countries.
- Cross functional teamwork experiences as a lead of engineering group.
- Ability and willingness to make effective decisions quickly.
- Five years minimum experience in mechanical engineering and/or process engineering leadership position.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to commit to aggressive timelines and to deliver on those commitments.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with team members and outside suppliers.
- Works well in a team environment with willingness to share skills and information and mentor others.
- Highly motivated and action oriented as demonstrated by accomplishments.
- Coachable; able to act on management inputs and constructive criticism.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Lithium ion battery industry experience.
- Work experience both in start-up and established company environments.
- Experience in taking a process from lab scale, to pilot scale, and to high volume manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Coordinate the activities of engineers, technicians, and peers.
Physical and Environmental Standards:
- Must be capable of extensive travel on a global basis.
- Must be capable of working in a clean dryroom environment.
Capable of wearing clean room attire when working in dry room environment: face mask, hair net, safety glasses, gloves, coverall suit and shoe covers.
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!