Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Process Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 125-135K Plus Bonus
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job# bh12071
Senior Process Engineer - Front End
100% onsite if we weren't in a pandemic - still the majority of the time is spent onsite for lab work, however when not required to be on site to perform work from home.
The Senior Process Engineer will be a key member of the high performing team focused on developing the next generation high volume manufacturing processes that will connect our revolutionary product to the high growth energy storage market. The team member will define process needs for critical production steps and collaborate with internal and external machine design experts to identify, screen and develop process concepts that meet these specs. The successful candidate will bring an understanding of and interest in the fundamentals combined with a lightweight approach to taking ideas the whole way through to successful production equipment. The Senior Process Engineer – Casting & Converting, must have past success in developing novel processes for volume mass production. Strong interpersonal skills are required, as are a strong work ethic and an ability to flourish in a dynamic startup environment. The Senior Process Engineer reports to the Director of Advanced Manufacturing.
- Develop novel manufacturing processes that contribute to the establishment ofour high volume production system, specifically for the electrode casting & converting process area.
- Characterize and develop deep understanding of critical material performance in the processes through experimentation and analysis. Leverage this insight in process development
- Perform equipment and process capability studies and make improvements based on those data driven results
- Design and run simple feasibility studies to find direction on novel processes
- Work closely with equipment design engineers and outside partners to successfully complete proof of concept
- Integrate process control parameters into manufacturing
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 4-6 years of experience in a wide range of manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of coating technologies.
- Knowledge of various laminating technologies, including, heat sealing, adhesive sealing, etc.
- Experience with slitting, die cutting, roll-to-roll processes, intermittent motion processes, and vacuum lamination.
- Experience with in-line continuous vision system inspection systems.
- Demonstrated ability and passion to understand processes and the interaction between the material, equipment and the associated impact to product performance.
- Demonstrated ability to design, optimize and qualify processes with data driven decisions.
- Ability to create methods to generate data where none exist and to turn art into science by getting the numbers.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to commit to aggressive timelines and to deliver on those commitments.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with team members, other groups and outside suppliers.
- Works well in a team environment with willingness to share skills and information and mentor others.
- Highly motivated and action-oriented as demonstrated by accomplishments.
- Coachable; able to act on management inputs and constructive criticism.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Lithium ion battery industry experience.
- Broad experience which also includes other processes such as mixing, extrusion, formation, etc.
- Experience with beta gage inspection systems.
- Experience in taking a process from lab scale, to pilot scale, and to high volume manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field.
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!