Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Quality Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 12 months
- Pay rate: 40-50hr.
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job# bh12067
- Shift/schedule – flexible. Will allow the Worker to decide what works best for their Life balance. Would like candidates who are open to more night shift work.
- CLIA – Must meet CLIA education requirements (see below)
- CLS - Highly Preferred
- Work to maintain laboratory licensure while creating awareness and providing training and education to all employees on quality processes and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the maintenance of the quality management system
- Participate in the maintenance of the document control system
- Participate in the maintenance of laboratory licensure as required by CLIA and local regulations.
- Quality assurance and control of laboratory performance through internal and external audits
- Training & Education: Assist with training and education programs, to educate employees and management on quality processes, standards and results
- Project Management: Participate in the planning, initiation and management of quality improvement projects
- Assist in and facilitate review meetings with business leaders.
- Provide advice and support to the Laboratory Director, Site Manager, and Quality Manager and teams on quality issues.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience of working in quality in clinical molecular biology or infectious disease testing labs
- Knowledge of CLIA regulations and familiar with local regulations
- Minimum 2 years of experience in quality management
- Work collaboratively with laboratory operations staff
- Proven track record of delivering continual positive process improvement in systems and process.
- Proven leadership and excellent organization and communication skills
- Team management and mentoring skills
- A good balance of negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good, accurate computer skills
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- Bachelor of Science degree meeting course requirements for CLS licensure in California.
- BS, MS, or PhD degrees in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology OR Associate Degree in Laboratory Science or Clinical Laboratory Science
- High School graduate prior to April 25, 1995 AND gradated from a medical laboratory or clinical laboratory training program
- US Military Medical Laboratory Specialist certification
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!