Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Statistical Programmer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract to Permanent
- Pay rate: 100-120/hr.
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job# bh12057
- Python, R, Java, Django web framework, familiar with database concepts, preferrable PostgresSQL., knowledge of machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), and text mining.
- Computer sciences, mathematics, statistics major, 2 to 3 years of programming or related experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a data science statistical programmer Perform assigned programming tasks for projects, (1) Building user interface and database queries to retrieve record information from electronic lab notebook (ELN) system, require to be a quick learner to understand the current ELN information structure
- (2) Improve existing news feed aggregation software program (python) and incorporate text-mining and machine learning features
- (3) Backend database and software programming to support R&D resource management tool
- Strong, proficient programming experience in Python, Java, Java script, or R, knowledge of text mining and natural language processing tools, knowledge of SQL Database.
Preferred major in computer science, data science, mathematics or business analytics or related field.
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!