Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Software Engineer - Platform
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 120-14K
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# bh12048
Senior Software Engineer, Platform
We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and talented Senior Software Engineer to work in a multi-disciplinary organization with a focus on overcoming challenging drug discovery bottlenecks using advanced molecular simulation methods to complement our integrated experimental capabilities.
- Work closely with our scientists to design, develop, and deploy computational methods and software for our drug discovery efforts
- Conceptualize, implement, and maintain software engineering best practices
- Ensure scalability, extensibility, and portability of platform code
- Create, integrate, and maintain databases for storage and access of results
- Investigate latest trends and scientific advancements in data analytics and high-performance computing and propose adoption where appropriate
- Coordinate joint software development efforts between our Boston and Suzhou offices and facilitate their communications and collaborations
- Fluent speaker in English and Chinese with strong communication skills
- Outstanding development skills
- Demonstrated track record of overcoming challenging problems
- Experience leading projects with geographically distributed teams
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with version control (such as Git) and test-and-release (such as Jenkins) frameworks.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate colleagues in China
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to mentor other software engineers and manage outsourced software development projects
- Experience with parallel programming, especially data-parallel, using MPI, OpenMP, OpenACC or CUDA C/C++/Fortran
- Experience working with containers
- Ability to manage HPC clusters (CPU and GPU based)
- Experience in using/deploying workflow frameworks such as Airflow, CWL, etc.
- Experience with scientific computing systems and schedulers
- Passionate about developing software to advance drug discovery
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!