Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Software Developer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract
- Pay rate: 60-65/hr.
- Job Location: Shelton, CT
- Job# bh12040
Sr. Software Developer
Work Authorization - This work is regulatory for the international trade compliance, so this position does require a US CITIZEN.
A global leader in detection, imaging, and diagnostic instrumentation, is seeking a .NET/C# Software Developer to work in Shelton, CT. to assist in continued development and maintenance of our proprietary product data management (PDM) system where data integrity and application stability are of the highest priority. As part of a small team and under minimal supervision, candidates will be responsible for designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging new software as well as producing enhancements and addressing defects found in existing software. The candidate will assist in requirements gathering and refinement, work with users to align solutions with our business initiatives, and implement those initiatives in a timely, cost effective manner.
Global PDM system is used by approximately 1,200 active users located at our client’s sites around the world. It is the primary system used for revision control and release, documentation archival, prototype part order management, and compliance management and currently has light integrations with other key systems such as SAP and various CAD tools which and are looking to further expand the PDM system integrations with other mission critical applications such as Solidworks and a 3rd party compliance management system in order to obtain compliance evaluations (ROHS, Reach SVHC, Conflict Minerals, etc.), supporting evidence in the form of documentation, and certificates of compliance at both the part and assembly levels using the API’s provided for these systems.
As a member of the cross-business service team, our goal is to support the R&D engineering staff in all facets. Support can be in the form of general PDM signoff/workflow related questions, remote assistance, requirements gathering/coding/ implementation of PDM enhancements, writing custom tools, creating and executing SQL based reports, providing PDM training, performing live PDM demonstrations, and much more. In addition to the PDM specific web and database development work, the candidate will also have the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks on a day-to-day basis rather than strictly coding all day, every day. This is very interactive, dynamic, hands-on position in a supportive environment with knowledgeable, approachable people.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our client supports a work-from-home arrangement until on-site restrictions are lifted. Candidate will work on-site in the Shelton, Connecticut office once restrictions are lifted.
- Identify and address potential issues prior to these issues impacting the user community and impacting productivity whether actual code or performance related issues.
- Support the immediate needs of the user community in many facets from providing basic technical support and training to writing custom SQL reports and/or custom one-off tools. Users are located all around the globe and support is provided both locally and remotely.
- Using transact SQL to write stored procedures, user defined functions, table valued functions, views, and common table expressions to derive the required data from a fairly substantial database as well as updating/maintaining the web application front end to display the data while keeping potential performance concerns as a primary focus.
- Enhance and maintain all supporting applications. In addition to the primary PDM application, there is also an administrative website which must be enhanced or modified in conjunction with enhancements to the core application to provide administrative support for the new feature. Additionally, there is an accompanying help system/user guide which contains all of the documentation related to the primary PDM system which must be kept up to date, an email notifications engine, and a few other minor supporting applications/utilities.
- Use Jira to develop and maintain PDM system user requirements which are required to maintain a validated state as well the writing of bugs. Developers also assist software test team with writing test cases when required as well as reviewing and approving test cases for execution.
- Help identify and address any security risks within the PDM application in regard to IP protection, 21CFR11 and International Trade Compliance restrictions, as well as internal corporate policies such as restricting access to active research projects
- Analyze, scrub, format, and migrate 3rd party data into the PDM system when business acquisitions occur, or an existing site migrates into the PDM system from a 3rd party system.
- Perform daily administrative tasks such as creating, enabling, and disabling user accounts. Provide workflow related user support, diagnose, and address any workflow issues and help streamline others as required.
- Assist with bringing PDM system availability to new platforms and implement better technologies where and when they make sense
- Assist with evaluating and then integrating our PDM system with 3rd party systems if/when it will improve the experience of our users and increase overall productivity
- Work with the various product leads to identity areas for improvement, determine the best approach to implement new features, address defects, and determine where performance gains can be made.
- Use Redgate SQL Compare and Data Compare tools to deploy SQL based releases and verify/validate correct implementation
- Candidate MUST BE eligible to access items classified under International Trade Compliance law
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Fundamental knowledge of a typical development cycle from requirements gathering through development and testing, and finally through production implementation and support
- Ability to conceptualize and turn requirements into working code within the PDM application with support from the lead developer.
- Ability to recognize, troubleshoot, and resolve application and/or server related issues
- Fundamental knowledge of and hands-on experience with: jQuery, JSON, HTML5, CSS3, and 3rd party API usage
- Proficient with MS SQL Server 2012+, Windows Server 2008+
- Experience with Internet Information Services (ISS)
- Additional tools used: RedGate Products: SQL Compare, Data Compare, and SQL Search. Beyond Compare, MS Office Suite, WireShark
- As part of a small rapid development team, it is extremely important that the candidate possess the ability to work without supervision, on occasion
- Experience with one or more of: Application validation processes, compliance management concepts, experience with the SAP, or experience with Solidworks Framework API are desired.
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!