Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 115-130K
- Job Location: Beverly, MA
- Job# bh12035
Supply Chain Manager
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all purchasing, production planning, stockroom, shipping/receiving, inventory and warehousing activities, including ERP actions and maintenance with respect to operations activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent’s essential functions include the following as determined by business necessity.
- Ensure ERP system accurately reflects worldwide product demands, component lead times and component costs.
- Manage finished goods and component inventory to maximize inventory turns (minimize Days of Saleable Inventory) and minimize obsolescence cost associated with expiration and product improvements.
- Monitor and report key metrics including inventory trends, on time delivery of products to customers, backorder, etc.
- Manage supplier contracts providing inventory and cost controls while maintaining compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Source and qualify suppliers both domestically and internationally.
- Continuously improve supplier performance with respect to price, delivery and quality.
- Ensure there are no stock outs associated with components to maintain production requirements.
- Support related materials activities for technology transfer initiatives in support of new product transfer and/or process enhancements.
- Provide production plans that level resources minimizing over time and downtime, and that maintain inventory goal levels.
- Resolve all internal and external issues that interrupt production.
- Monitor and maintain inventory accuracy to meet operational goals. Troubleshoot issues that negatively impact inventory accuracy.
- Monitor and correct all shipment error issues.
- Proactively drive towards “Best in Class”.
- Provide timely and mentoring style performance management for team, including KPIs, SMART goals, regular feedback, annual reviews, etc.
- Manage, lead and develop department personnel to ensure efficient workflows and effective operations within areas of responsibility, and to achieve departmental goals and objectives within the associated operating budget and authorized headcount levels.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager/department head.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering or related field and 5+ years related experience in ISO certified manufacturing environment. BS degree in Supply Chain Management is preferred.
- Management experience in performing production planning, purchasing and logistics.
- Ability to deal with complex issues and work with other cross functional groups internally.
- Experience with lean manufacturing (Kanban specifically), MRP, back flushing and other ERP inventory/manufacturing modules.
- Experience to include increasing levels of responsibility in Business or Operations environment.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- International procurement experience (specifically with Asia) a plus
- APICS and/or ISM certification preferred
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!