Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Center of Excellence Leader - Energy
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Center of Excellence Leader - Energy
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 150K plus Bonus
- Job Location: Walpole, MA
- Job#: bh12019
Education: BS in Engineering
- Experience in roll goods – paper or non-wovens desired.
- Past experience executing energy reduction projects.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and steam systems desired.
The hiring manager is looking for a person with extensive experience identifying energy reduction opportunities for the company and seeing them through to completion. Needs to be able to manage a group of energy people remotely located to get energy reduction across the company. Role is both management of the energy program but also a willingness to roll up their sleeves and actual execute individual projects.
The Center of Excellence Leader is an expert in the field of energy. Person is responsible for developing standards, best practices, and identifying projects to reduce the company’s energy footprint in terms of MMBTU per ton of finished production. This person is responsible for overseeing the energy projects at all sites and for auditing all sites for compliance to company standards in the area of energy efficiency. The Energy COE will manage the network of mill energy leads to ensure that the company delivers year over year energy reduction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identification of Energy Savings Projects and their execution where necessary throughout the company.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of records on energy consumption and reporting results to upper management.
- Establishing standards for Energy Equipment and Procedures.
- Support the effort at all sites towards ISO50001 certification as the energy platform.
- Auditing of individual sites as necessary to ensure best practices and procedures are being followed, as well as to help identify areas where efficiency can be improved.
- Individual is expected to stay up to date with the latest technology available for the reduction in Energy consumption.
- Individual is expected to have an understanding of the latest rules and regulations as it relates to energy consumption and possible rebates that would be available to the company.
- Resource for the mills when they have ideas or problems in the area of energy management.
- Provide training and literature to the energy network on the latest technologies or opportunities.
- Must be able to work in the mills and follow all pertinent safety regulations. This includes but is not limited to safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats, etc.
- Understanding of the safety rules as it relates to the management of outside contractors.
- Must be able to work in an ITAR controlled mill.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or higher.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the areas of energy capital projects and energy management.
- Ability to work with operators and mill personnel to solve problems related to energy management.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!