Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Tax Accountant
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior Tax Accountant
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 100-125K.
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job#: bh12018
- this role, you will be supervised by and reporting to the Director of Tax Services (“Director”). This role is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. From May through December the hours of employment are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and such other hours as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the timely rendering of Tax Accounting services. From January through April, the hours of employment will generally be longer and include significant weekend and holiday work to ensure the timely processing of tax returns.
The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for the accurate preparation and timely filing of fiduciary, charitable, partnership and personal tax returns with an emphasis on more complex tax returns, and providing back up support for the Director of Tax Services.
- Prepares timely filed fiduciary, charitable, partnership, and personal tax returns with an emphasis on more complex tax returns and problem resolution.
- Works closely with the Director in both a supportive and collaborative process.
- Works with more Junior Tax Accountants as an available resource.
- Provides backup coverage for the Director when s/he is absent from the office.
- Communicates directly with the clients of the department as authorized; and, as assigned, will review the tax preparation work of other Tax accountants.
- Provides expert tax advice to the Director, to the other Tax Accountants, and/or to the clients of the department including the partners of the Private Client Department as is requested.
- Participates in the new hire interview process and may be asked to provide his/her input in the performance review process of more junior Tax Accountants and for the tax accounting support staff.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a Masters in Taxation preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience working as a fiduciary, charitable, partnership and personal tax preparer with experience in all phases of tax preparation and tax problem analysis and resolution.
- Prior tax accounting experience in a mid-size or larger professional industry work environment is preferred.
- Able to work on significantly complex tax preparations with minimal direct supervision.
- Experience working with ProSystem-fx and Onesource Trust Tax software.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable tax codes and in changes to the tax code.
- High proficiency working with the necessary hardware and software used in tax preparation.
- Have strong independent working skills including ability to initiate and follow through on projects.
- Good verbal and writing skills, tact and diplomacy as well as the ability to interact positively with both staff and lawyers as well as convey a high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities; work independently; participate as a team member in projects; maintain accurate records; set and keep to schedules; set priorities; and work well under pressure.
Must be detail oriented and flexible and treat all office matters with strict confidentiality.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!