Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Human Resource Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 12 months ++
- Pay rate: 24-25/hr.
- Job Location: Valencia, CA
- Job# bh12017
Our client is seeking: Human Resource Specialist
Job Description Summary
To provide world class HR specialist and administration support to the Valencia site employees. Be a part of a unique experience working closely with this business unit while closely connecting with the broader HR community and HR Centers of Excellence.
- Maintain accurate employee records and advise the managers and supervisors of documentation needed in support of operations at the site
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and recording meeting minutes as needed.
- Interact with and supply information to employees and department heads. Leverage the HR COEs to solve front line employee issues related to their pay and benefits.
- Complete sensitive and confidential employee transactions within the Workday platform
- Route various employee queries amongst managers and employees and from other agencies or departments.
- Coordinate staff onboarding training (for on-site and remote employees).
- Create and maintain up-to-date employee files within the Workday Platform.
- Help in the maintenance of employee directory and company organization charts.
- Additional projects as needed per the local site
- Ability to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
- Should have effective written and verbal skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- 1-2 years previous office experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Workday experience a huge plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!