Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: IT Applications Project Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 12 months ++
- Pay rate: 70-90/hr.
- Job Location: Waltham, MA
- Job# bh12012
Our client is seeking: IT Applications Project Manager
The ideal candidate will be dealing with Software Business Applications - so the Project Manager must have heavy experience in that.
We need some who is in to details, can hold a team accountable and can DRIVE the EXECUTION of the project
* Fast paced environment. Small team, but skilled. Mission critical Apps
* Must have JIRA and Confluence
* FDA experience is "ideal"
* The Software that our client uses in applications includes Magento, and ERP is JD Edwards
In partnership with the Project Sponsors and Business Project Lead, the IS Project Manager leads and is responsible for driving projects to success and ensuring on schedule/budget delivery within predefined project scope. This includes tracking and reporting resource and schedule variances from plan, and developing contingency plans to bring the projects back in alignment with cost and schedule commitments. This is not an administrative PM. In addition to providing project directions, s/he will need to perform ground level activities where needed. Ability to insert him/herself into the midst of project activities and quickly gain control on all aspects.
SUMMARY OF PROJECTS
- Software upgrade (different upgrade projects)
- Customize eCommerce solution to integrate with external sites to support order intake
- Enhance the existing order processes to support standardized business operations
- Migrating data center to the cloud
- Other projects pending for business prioritization
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define project management and execution plan and manage to the plan.
- Provide full scope of project management on all project activities, including business expectations, project scope and requirements, communication, change, resources, and task execution.
- Work across all functional areas, including all IS service vendors, and drive activities to completion.
- Ensure on time and on budget delivery of all project artifacts and deliverables.
- Analyze and manage project dependencies, risks, and issues and bring all to resolution.
- Obtain and effectively utilize all project resources.
- Manage vendor relations with multiple vendors and drive vendor deliverables and artifacts.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting, preparing financial updates, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variance, and initiating/executing corrective actions.
- Effectively report on project progress and bring full transparency to the team.
- Coordinate and manage teams as needed.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- 12+ years of IS experience, including solutioning, architecture design, system development, QA, and resource management.
- 8+ most recent years hands on experience leading the execution of full end-to-end IS projects and portfolios, using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Large scale project/program management experience driving the large team through execution and delivery
- Proven capabilities in IS project financial management
- Experience working in FDA regulated business under Validated Computer Systems.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient and working experience with MS Project, LucidChart, Jira, Confluence, MS Excel (in depth knowledge of formulas, macros, graphs) and PowerPoint.
- Experience in program/project management methodologies, standards, deliverables and reporting.
- Strong negotiation and influencing capabilities and in-depth analytical skills.
- Risk/issue management and mitigation, communication management, change management, resource management.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Ability to work, act, and think independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to serve as a mentor/coach & role model to the project team.
- Hands on and be willing/capable to perform detailed tasks in addition to providing project direction to the team.
- Prior consulting experience. Flexible with work assignment.
- Knowledge and experience with eCommerce and ERP solutions and architectures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent experience) required.
- Advanced degree or professional training in IS Project Management and IS Portfolio Management (PPM) strategies, processes and tools preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master/Product Owner preferred
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!