Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sustaining Engineer & Operations Support Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Sustaining Engineer & Operations Support Technician
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – To Permanent
- Pay rate: 25-28/hr.
- Job Location: Sudbury, MA
- Job#: bh12005
Provide technical support to all production activities. Primary responsibility is to troubleshoot laser systems that experience problems in final test to make necessary repairs to keep line flowing.
Provide technical support to all production activities. Primary responsibility is to troubleshoot laser systems that experience problems in final test and make necessary repairs to keep line flowing. Aid in the troubleshooting of manufacturing processes and fixtures. Maintain test fixtures and perform qualification acceptance testing as required. Support of Sustaining and Development Engineering activities related to qualifying design changes on existing or new products. Provide analysis of data to Engineering and Operations groups.
- Analyze system components that fail on the manufacturing floor. These will include High Voltage Power Supplies, sub- assemblies and Fiber Delivery Systems as well as optical components.
- Identify root cause of failures and process the assemblies back to the appropriate source for rework.
- Maintain test fixtures used in the manufacturing process by completing all preventive maintenance activities. These fixtures include complete laser systems, some which are offsite.
- Assist Manufacturing in troubleshooting equipment problems that arise within the assembly, Final Test and FQC stages of laser manufacturing.
- Perform testing and collect data for various Engineering projects including those related to component obsolescence and qualifying designs.
- Work on engineering projects that will improve the reliability of our devices and processes.
- Ensure that all products are being manufactured according to the requirements of ISO 9001/EN 46001 and FDA’s Quality Systems Regulations.
AS or Technical School degree in electrical, mechanical or Optical engineering with 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a medical equipment environment.
Experience working with optics, fluid systems and electro-mechanical assemblies is a plus.
Excellent problem-solving skills and oral and written communication skills required.
Proficient with Excel, MS Word & MS Outlook.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!