Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Environmental Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Environmental Manager
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 80-120K
- Job Location: Groton, MA
- Job#: bh11981
Education & Experience Preferences: Bachelor’s Degree /Environmental Science, Engineering or Chemistry
The Environmental Manager is responsible for coordinating and enabling site compliance activities in the areas of air, water, chemical and waste management. Provide environmental services and support for manufacturing sites that ensure sound business practices and environmental compliance. Accurately interpret applicable rules, regulations, laws and policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and direct support to coordinate and implement facility environmental programs, projects, and other compliance activities.
- Develop and implement strategies and programs targeted at continuous improvement in environmental and sustainability performance, culture, and cost reduction.
- Compile and track environmental metrics. This includes samplings, analysis, testing, and recordkeeping.
- Tracks environmental obligations for two sites and prepares documentation for submittal to regulatory agencies as required (reporting, permitting, correspondence, etc.).
- Conducts compliance inspections to evaluate and if needed correct performance.
- Communicates requirements, delivers guidance and provides environmental training to site personnel.
- Develops and maintains compliance calendar in order to track environmental obligations and compliance.
- Identify methods to reduce air emissions, waste to landfill, wastewater discharges, and chemical usage.
- Monitors governmental and non-governmental organizations for new rules, regulations, laws and policies applicable to the specific area.
- Interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Defines and assesses procedural, compliance and financial impacts of applicable new rules, regulations, laws and policies.
- Works with internal and external environmental auditors during formal audit processes to ensure prompt follow-through and appropriate protocol changes based on audit findings.
- Attends public hearings, public meetings and other forums if required.
- Oversees monitoring and management of company owned MA landfills and dams.
- Ability to work in fast paced working environment with multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing a robust environmental management program.
- Certification as a Toxic Use Reduction (TUR) Planner.
- Landfill management experience.
- Experience with Combined Heat & Power (CHP) a plus.
- WWTP operator license 4M or higher or have capability to obtain it.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety rules and policies.
- Computer skills; including MS Office Suite and Oracle.
- Have the ability to coach and interact with others in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!