Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: (DSP) Digital Signal Processing Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: (DSP) Digital Signal Processing Engineer
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 90-100K
- Job Location: Rochester, NY
- Job# bh11919
Candidates must be local. This job is 100% onsite
- Candidates must be US Citizens or GC holders
Due to significant customer need in advanced RF Systems for the Semiconductor Fabrication Industry, our Power Solutions is looking to bolster our capability in Advanced Digital Signal Processing applications. Given the RF nature of the signals involved, we address classical RF signal processing problems such as: heterodying, mixing, basebanding, In-phase and Quadrature signal generation, envelope detection, parameter estimation, sample rate and aliasing analysis, and filtering, as well as, advanced challenges such as: carrier frequency agile signal processing, MIMO signal processing, significant nonlinear and time-varying signal processing, adaptive filtering, adaptive equalization, multi-rate filter design, ultra-low latency signal processing, mixed-mode analog and digital signal processing, and other advanced signal processing challenges. Note the DSP signal chain is used to provide the feedback signals for time critical MIMO feedback control loops for power regulation and power trajectory following under significantly changing load conditions. There is a great opportunity for development and application of innovative adaptive or on-line learning signal processing and control methods. Specific knowledge of RF Power Delivery systems is not required for this position - domain knowledge can be gained on the job. Engineers from the communications, radar, sensor design, or other signal processing intensive industries are encouraged to apply. Engineers with fixed point implementation experience of mathematically complex algorithms are also encouraged to apply. Interested candidates at all experience levels that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
The primary role is to develop Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms and implement them in FPGAs and/or embedded processors for measuring and controlling RF power delivery systems. The person must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment and work on multiple concurrent cross-functional projects. A successful candidate must be highly self-motivated and have a deep fundamental understanding of system theory, linear systems, signal processing, filter design, and implementation on fixed point compute engines.
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, and support DSP system software/gateware/electronics for RF systems (i.e. high-power switching circuits).
- Develop models for simulations to analyze transient and steady state behavior of DSP algorithms applied to RF systems.
- Significant Trade-Off studies, "what if" analysis, fixed point analysis, and multi-rate analysis in a scientific computing environment such as Matlab and/or Python.
- Significant Implementation on limited compute engines such as FPGA's and/or embedded processors.
- Review research literature and trade literature for state-of-the-art methods and techniques for DSP applications in RF Systems.
- Ability, depth of knowledge, and confidence to propose modifications of known methods to create innovative new technology in DSP for RF Systems.
- While the position is focused on Digital Signal Processing, the position will entail working with analog RF electronics designers to model and specify the full end-to-end analog-digital signal processing chain.
- The position may entail investigating Machine Learning or Data Driven algorithms for novel DSP applications.
- Capture Intellectual Property in Invention Disclosures and Patent Applications.
- Interface with customers to determine and develop specifications.
- Produce design documentation when required.
- Participate in algorithm and firmware design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Develop algorithm and software designs that meet various technical, financial, geometric, and other design constraints using some combination of modeling, simulation, prototyping, testing, analysis, etc.
- Support new technology development initiatives and other critical projects.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form critical technical information regarding DSP system design and performance.
- Interface with product engineering and other cross-functional teams as required.
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion, remotely or at a customer site
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, 5+ years of experience required. Advanced Degree holders are also encouraged to apply and may compensate for lack of work experience.
- Experience or interest in developing mathematically complex algorithms for embedded applications.
- Experience and familiarity implementing mathematically complex algorithms in limited compute engines such as FPGA's and/or embedded processors.
- Experience and familiarity with MATLAB.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing complex mathematical algorithms on High gate count FPGAs.
- Experience using MATLAB, Simulink, and the HDL Coder tool chain.
- Experience parsing algorithms into embedded processor and FPGA based implementation.
- Experience with FPGA synthesis, mapping to target FPGA devices and timing analysis.
- Background in communications and signal processing systems.
- Experience developing FPGA test benches for test/validation purposes.
- Familiar with Xilinx Development Tools (ISE Design Suite, Vivado Design Suite, and System Generator for DSP).
- Hands-on laboratory experience. Specifically, with Logic Analyzers and Oscilloscopes.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Perforce experience desired).
Experience with Atlassian tools desired (Jira, Confluence).
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!