Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: CNC Machinist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: CNC Machinist
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract to Permanent
- Pay rate: 25-30/hr.
- Job Location: Chelmsford, MA
- Job#: bh11915
Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Includes precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or vernier calipers. Calculate dimensions of workpieces, products, or equipment. Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders. Operate grinding equipment. Operate cutting equipment.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations. Operate metal or plastic forming equipment.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines. Mount attachments or tools onto production equipment.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers. Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process. Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition. Maintain production or processing equipment.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, or engineering information to determine methods or sequences of operations needed to fabricate products. Review blueprints or other instructions to determine operational methods or sequences.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency. Conduct test runs of production equipment. Operate metal or plastic forming equipment.
- Check work pieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated or cooled. Monitor lubrication of equipment or workpieces.
- Program computers or electronic instruments, such as numerically controlled machine tools. Program equipment to perform production tasks.
- Diagnose machine tool malfunctions to determine need for adjustments or repairs. Diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Design fixtures, tooling, or experimental parts to meet special engineering needs. Design tools, fixtures, or other devices for production equipment.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information. Exchange information with colleagues.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock to display placement of cuts. Measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines, or other indicators. Draw guide lines or markings on materials or workpieces using patterns or other references.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools. Assemble machine tools, parts, or fixtures. Set up or operate metalworking, brazing, heat-treating, welding, or cutting equipment. Operate cutting equipment. Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics. Confer with numerical control programmers to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly and that output will meet specifications.
- Dispose of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations. Separate scrap waste and related materials for reuse, recycling, or disposal.
- Evaluate machining procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency or adaptability. Advise others on ways to improve processes or products. Establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products, using a variety of metalworking machines.
- Test experimental models under simulated operating conditions for purposes such as development, standardization, or feasibility of design.
- Re-Work: Examine units in production to identify errors and non-conformity with specifications- Carry out repairs and corrections as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HAAS Lathe experience
- CNC programming languages
- CAD/CAM experience
- Understanding of slip ring technology and applications
- Experience of working in a high technology electrical / engineering machining/assembly environment
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions
- Approachable personality with an open and communicative style for effective cooperation within the team
- Sense of organization and decision-making capability for prioritizing tasks
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!