Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Logistics Coordinator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Logistics Coordinator
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 45-50K
- Job Location: Canton, MA
- Job# bh11906
- Excellent Customer Service skills over the phone is a very important aspect to this role
- Need to be organized
- The person needs to be able to understand the basic principals of shipping/packing/receiving, dealing with carriers, and being able to calmly handle certain stressful situations (i.e. piece of equipment doesn't arrive on time, packing of equipment less than ideal and equipment was damaged, etc.)
- We wouldn't be opposed to seeing resumes of candidates with only customer service experience (if they can wrap their head around the concept of logistics and be able to figure things out quickly on the fly.
Our Logistics Coordinators directly manage the removal, packing, loading, and shipment of assets as they are brought on consignment, sold, or redeployed. Candidates should have a clear understanding of the logistics industry, standards, and guidelines to safely and effectively complete assigned tasks. Logistics reps are responsible for fostering client/vendor relationships to successfully manage freight activity from start to completion.
The most successful Logistics Coordinators are well organized, have great communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively both internally within, and externally with our clients.
The successful candidate will also be able to...
- Manage assigned freight quotes through to completion
- Effectively build relationship capital with client stakeholders and vendors
- Coordinate necessary resources to ensure safe collection and shipment of equipment
- Ensure client expectations and deadlines are met
- Support fellow Logistics Reps on specific activity including absence cover
- Work in close partnership with all departments, particularly Sales and Project Management
- Demonstrate tenacity in work activities
Experience / Skills required…
- Minimum of 2 years Logistics experience
- Be Self-motivated and flexible.
- Able to manage multiple shipments with varying degrees of complexity.
- Excellent planning, organizing and networking skills.
- Enthusiastic, highly driven, be able to cope under pressure and able to meet targets.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
Solid IT skills and the ability to learn and support new system implementation or changes
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!