Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Systems Admin
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior Systems Admin
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 100-130K
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# bh11896
- this role, you will be supervised by the Network Manager and reporting to the Chief formation Officer (“CIO”). This role is a full-time, exempt, salaried position.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day, overall support, maintenance, upgrades and performance of the Firm’s server, SAN, voice and data networks, and provides back up support for the Network Manager.
- Monitors the day-to-day operations of the data centers and infrastructure within to ensure high availability.
- Manages servers, storage, switches, routers, firewalls, wireless infrastructure, telephony systems, and telecommunication services.
- Researches and implements new technologies.
- Works closely with outside vendors to plan and complete projects.
- Configures and maintains system backups to ensure integrity of the disaster recovery site.
- Works with other members of the team to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Works closely with the manager to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Provides escalation assistance for other members of the IT team.
- Participates in on call rotation to provide 24 x 7 x 365 coverage.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience working with a complex computer network in a professional services work environment
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, analytical, interpersonal, and ownership skills
- Possesses excellent collaboration skills for work with various internal team members
- Technically proficient and have strong organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience working with Dell EMC VXRail
- Experience working with vSphere and vSAN
- Experience working with Veeam and or Zerto backup and recovery
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure, Azure Active Directory and O365
- Experience working with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco switches/routers
- Have a natural affinity for technology; they must learn and adapt quickly to technological changes and advancements.
- Have a solid understanding of how technology works and interacts with other technology
- Good verbal and writing skills, tact and diplomacy as well as the ability to interact positively with both staff and lawyers as well as convey a high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities; work independently; participate as a team member in projects; maintain accurate records; set and keep to schedules; set priorities; and work well under pressure.
Must be detail oriented and flexible and treat all office matters with strict confidentiality.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!