Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Azure & AWS Architect
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Azure & AWS Architect
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 12 months+
- Pay rate: 90-105/hr.
- Job Location: Hartford, CT
- Job# bh11892
Azure and Amazon Web Services
Hands-on experience with any of the following DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Git, Jenkins or Kubernetes) with an “Automation First” attitude
Questions (Must answer YES to ALL)
Are you a US citizen?
Do they meet all the identified requirements?
• Work as a member of cross-functional teams to design scalable, highly available, secure application solutions that leverage cloud services.
• Design solution-independent architecture models that map business services to cloud application stacks.
• Partner with applications owners to design, develop and document solutions that comply with strategic enterprise architecture and guidelines in terms of a business, information, and technical standpoint.
• Translate organizational level business requirements and use cases into IT/IS infrastructure capabilities verified to meet the requirements.
• Continuously manage, monitor, and update architecture models as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available.
• Participate in optimizing solution architectures to manage cloud costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
• Utilize cost/benefit models with mapping architecture to business KPIs.
• Generate migration roadmap across complex organizational structures.
• Leverage DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
• Partner with BUs to establish specific application solution architecture blueprints with a roadmap and steps on implementation.
• Work across organizations to help accelerate public and private cloud adoption
• Define and publish updated template blueprint patterns as business needs evolve and additional cloud services become available.
• Become a SME on understanding the step for an application team to complete IT Security and ITC assessments as they implement approved solution.
• 8+ years relevant work experience applicable experience developing technical solutions for large complex IT systems, demonstrating a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness
• Technical understanding Cloud and infrastructure services, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, and on-premise networking, servers and storage
• Hands-on experience with any of the following DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Git, Jenkins or Kubernetes) with an “Automation First” attitude
• Knowledge in Defense Contracting and/or Aerospace industry.
• A familiarity with a design modeling tool such as EASparx or Archimate
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and technical skills are essential.
• Build and maintain internal consumer relationships; strong team player, able to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
• Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with teams, some of which may be geographically distributed
• Effective communication and documentation skills with technical and non-technical colleagues in a way that engages and motivates them are a core requirement for this role
• Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development.
Experience with production enterprise workloads using such as:
• Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services, leveraging Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings in both Commercial & GovCloud implementations
• Agile/SAFe software development methodologies and tools
• Various database technologies (SQLServer, MYSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) and data interchange formats (XML, JSON).
• Container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesosphere
• Identity and access management solutions, single sign-on federation, LDAP, Microsoft Server Active Directory and Microsoft Azure Active Directory
• VMware based software defined datacenter, including server, storage and network virtualization – using traditional, converged and hyper-converged infrastructure, and Private Cloud automation
• Windows Server 2016/2012r2 and Redhat 7.x, including authentication and access control, image management, patching, hardening & group policy, clustering, IIS/Apache, and other core services
• Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) technologies, including Fibre Channel, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS, and both discrete and software defined storage solutions
• Backup and Recovery, including traditional streaming, virtualization, and cloud based solutions
• Cloud Migration / Hybrid Cloud automation technologies
• Security and Compliance standards (such as CIS Benchmarks, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, FedRAMP, ISO/IEC 27001, SOX, PCI DSS)
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!