Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Software Engineer in Test
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior Software Engineer in Test
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6 months+
- Pay rate: 65/hr.
- Job Location: Bedford, MA 01730 or Pasadena, CA
- Job# bh11891
Remote to start but candidates MUST be close to the Bedford MA site or the Pasadena CA site as in the future when the facilities reopen the chosen candidate will be expected to work onsite every so often.
Candidates must have 5+ years’ experience in software test and test automation
Seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test (Contract). This software test engineer will create test plans and define test approach, lead and execute test efforts and help enable automated test developers by working with the software development team to design and implement software test approaches/mechanisms as well as develop and automate tests for continuous regression testing. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products – all, while inventing the future.
Software Test (SWT) – Mission Statement -- Plan and execute software focused testing to quickly identify defects early in the development and integration process, reduce regression and configuration
testing time through automation and confirm that the product functions as intended.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Work within Agile framework to plan and execute work.
- Develop, enhance and execute automated tests and frameworks.
- Influence software design to maximize testability and automation potential.
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests into an automated test suite.
- Triage defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Develop test plan and procedures for testing new products and sustaining efforts.
- Install / setup of test environment.
- Execution of automated and manual tests.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to test execution resources for running tests (manual and automated) and collecting results.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- 5+ years’ experience in software test and test automation with knowledge of bug tracking tools, test case management systems, build methodologies.
- Experience with Python, Java, C/C++, etc.
- Familiarity with software build and delivery process (Jenkins).
- Experience with test automation and frameworks.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux.
- Familiarity with testing and automation of firmware and embedded code.
- API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and set direction for software test projects.
- Adaptive fast learner – able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient using MS Office productivity packages – Excel and Word.
- Willingness and ability to mentor others.?
- Experience in Agile methodology a plus
- Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between software developers and software test engineers.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
- Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
- Communications: Ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP.
- Testing of Wi-Fi enabled solutions.
- Experience with Test Management Systems
BS, MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!