Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Automation Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior Automation Engineer
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 120-135K
- Job Location: Marlboro, MA
- Job#: bh11865
This person will sit on the Manufacturing team in Marlborough - add to staff role
The automation engineer will report directly to a senior control engineer and will be primarily responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of industrial computerized process control and monitoring products. You will also have responsibility for creation of new documentation and the maintenance of that documentation in an ISO regulated plant. The successful candidate will actively work with all levels of personnel from manufacturing to customers.
· Provide advanced level of technical automation support and troubleshooting
· Develop and edit engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment and follow GAMP 5 guidelines
· Lead engineering and validation projects as well as provide support to manufacturing activities with process control and process monitoring equipment software design, commissioning, protocol review, and testing to meet end user requirements
· Update or author system specifications, user requirements, functional requirements, and system design specifications
· Generate and execute necessary testing and qualification protocols as related to the overall design and performance of automated process and monitoring equipment
· Design, develop, and implement software/hardware improvements to automated process control products
· Develop and execute test plans for software/hardware improvements
· Provide guidance to Automation Personnel
· May provide training or presentations on basic automation systems to field applications, service, and customers
· Develop and draft standard operating procedures and automation engineering documents
· Complete assigned work with some management or senior engineering staff oversight
· Communicate effectively with engineering staff and cross functional departments
· Advanced skills with programming and troubleshooting PLCs, HMIs, and computerized system design, installation, and support in a cGMP industrial setting
· Expert in PLC/HMI logic programming and troubleshooting Allen-Bradley and Siemens products which involve the use of batch programming (S-88), data acquisition, and PID control
· Demonstrated knowledge of electrical systems, instrumentation and controls
· Strong knowledge of process control and machine automation in biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility
· Expertise in developing and editing Software Lifecycle Documentation, engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment and follow GAMP 5 guidelines
· Strong understanding of bioprocessing equipment design principles and sanitary equipment design requirements
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to delegate tasks
· Proficiency with standard business software is required (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Able to balance changing priorities with increasing workload by making timely decisions
· Able to interact with employees at all levels and cross functionally across multiple departments
· Ability to manage and develop direct reports through mentoring and leadership
· BS in Engineering or related field and 5 years of experience in the design and maintenance of process control systems and/or data acquisition systems
· Equivalent relevant experience in the design and maintenance of process control systems and/or data acquisition systems may be considered in lieu of a degree
· Specific knowledge of Allen-Bradley and Siemens control system products is required
· Direct experience in a pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility is preferred
· Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds routinely.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!