Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Sr. High-Performance Computing (HPC) Applications Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Sr. High-Performance Computing (HPC) Applications Engineer
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 140-150K Plus Bonus
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# bh11857
- Date Posted: 11/5/2020
Sr. High-Performance Computing (HPC) Applications Engineer
This role will have some Systems involved in it, but not much. The ideal candidate will have a solid Applications background.
The person in this role will be interfacing with users (look for that experience on resumes) so again we need very good communication skills, and really solid technical skills
- Person should be comfortable profiling workflows at all levels of execution including CPUs/GPUs, storage and memory. The hiring manager kept bringing up the fact that he's looking for someone who has "multiple layers" to them and can be really hands-on when they need them to be.
High-performance computing (HPC) is central to operations—our HPC resources include an on-premises GPU cluster and cloud operations with multiple cloud providers). We are currently looking for an HPC user specialist to work directly with our growing users at the intersection of applications and infrastructure. This position will directly interface with users supporting their applications on our GPU cluster and potentially on the cloud. The ideal candidate will be able to independently diagnose user issues, profile bottlenecks and suggest and implement solutions through changes in the application and infrastructure.
- Provide an effective, reliable, high performance, scalable computing environment to users through effective and independent communication.
- Work in collaboration with senior HPC staff to manage the hardware and software infrastructure, and application issues.
- Proactively suggest solutions to alleviate bottlenecks with different application workloads and/or system infrastructure.
- Improve system reliability and performance.
- Profile scientific codes for CPU, GPU, memory, I/O usage and optimize aspects of hardware and infrastructure if needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of High-Performance Computing experience preferred
- Experience with schedulers such as SLURM, distributed file systems (BeeGFS/Lustre), application workflow engines such as Airflow.
- Must have a background in HPC with experience in computational chemistry applications.
- Experience dealing with and debugging aspects of HPC infrastructure such as schedulers, distributed file system, application workflow engines such as Airflow is required.
- Comfortable profiling workflows at all levels of execution including CPUs/GPUs, storage and memory.
- Programming experience with GPUs and/or multi-core CPUs as well as leveraging cloud for scientific workloads is highly desirable for the position.
- Skilled in Bash/Python/Jenkins/Ansible.
- Familiarity with GPU/CPU profiling and programming frameworks such as CUDA; CPU libraries such as MPI, OpenMP, POSIX threads is highly desirable.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!