Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Site Reliability Engineer
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 120-160K
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job#: bh11840
- Date Posted: 11/2/2020
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, monitoring and supporting the infrastructure that underpins our rapidly growing SaaS platform. We are looking for a candidate that can think systematically and manage complex systems at scale through automation.
The cloud is hosted on AWS, and we use many industry standard technologies including Terraform, Kubernetes, Splunk, Octopus Deploy, and Slack. We run a global deployment across three AWS regions, with a geographically dispersed user base.
We are excited about incorporating containers and additional PaaS offerings into the cloud. The successful candidate will help us evaluate ways to improve the reliability, security and cost effectiveness of our infrastructure.
You'll work with engineers, operations, and our support team to improve our processes and tools. Finally, you’ll automate, automate, automate to maximize the efficiency of our team!
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience working on a large-scale SaaS platform is required
- Systems administration experience with Microsoft Windows, SQL Server and/or Linux is required
- Programming skills in any of PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, Python, C#, Node.js or Java is required
- Experience with infrastructure as code, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar DSC tools is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server availability and recovery strategies a plus
- Experience building out a microservices architecture in a DevOps environment is a plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!