Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: RF Engineer – Advanced Development
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: RF Engineer – Advanced Development
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 120K
- Job Location: Rochester, NY
- Job#: bh11837
- Date Posted: 11/2/2020
Job Overview: Research and Development position focused on high performance RF/DC power generation equipment used in state-of-the-art plasma processing tools.
- RF amplifier, switch mode power supply circuit/system design and simulation (including schematic capture and pc board layout)
- RF impedance matching network design and simulation
- Investigation of new methods for increasing power conversion efficiency and power density
- Evaluation of new power device technology (e.g. Silicon Carbide, Gallium Nitride)
- Validating performance in real-world situations (e.g. in a plasma processing environment)
- MSEE or equivalent and 3+ years of experience in a power electronics-related field
- Broad professional objectives: deep knowledge in power electronics with interests and curiosity in the adjacent fields of software, digital electronics, controls, physics
- Experience and interest with system and circuit simulation tools (e.g. MATLAB, Simulink, SPICE, etc.)
- Strong theoretical background in electronics and physics
- Interest and experience in testing power electronics (e.g. network analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters)
- Basic understanding of control system theory
- Good writing skills (proposals, specifications, test reports, engineering analyses, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment with purchasing, manufacturing engineering, etc.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!