Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Project Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Project Engineer
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 105-110K
- Job Location: White River Junction, VT
- Job#: bh11823
- Date Posted: 10/27/2020
- This position requires strong project management skills. Describe a challenging project and how you handled the situation? What tools and metrics did you use to effectively manage project work?
- In an R&D environment, solving challenging technical problems in a team setting is a daily activity. Provide an example of a challenging technical problem you tackled as a team, and what you did to solve it as a team. Be specific.
- In an R&D environment, learning new skills allows us to remain at the competitive edge in the industry. Please describe your view on learning, and demonstrate your ability to learn new skills. As a project manager, you will need to promote learning in your team as well. How will you accomplish this? Be specific.
We are seeking a Project Engineer to lead our developmental turbomachinery projects, ranging from conceptual design to fabrication to testing. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, and 5 years of experience in product development coupled with strong project management skills. This position will require nominally 75% project management and 25% technical contributions. Experience with rotating equipment is a plus.
As a Project Engineer you will:
- Lead and contribute to several clean-sheet turbomachinery projects at a time. Example prototype projects include fuel pumps for the next-generation rockets, gas turbine engine development rigs, advanced diffuser technology, innovative turbocharger technology, and more. This position will focus on our rocket turbo-pump market.
- Work with a team of world-class experts in turbomachinery and highly capable support staff in other business units.
- Apply engineering principles in statics, dynamics, heat transfer, and mechanical design to aid in the development, building, and testing of turbomachinery hardware, and specialized products.
- Experience the benefits of working in a New England town, such as exceptional opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, excellence in medical centers and schools, and cultural amenities offered by Dartmouth College.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent, MS preferred.
- 5 years of experience in the field of mechanical engineering, specifically product development. Hands-on experience in the design and testing of new products is a must. Experience in turbomachinery and/or manufacturing is a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills and 5 years’ experience leading technical projects in a R&D prototyping environment. Experience in risk management and root-cause-failure analysis is a must. Experience with ISO9001 and/or AS9100 is a plus.
- Proven track record of managing customer requirements and expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to drive change, manage conflict, and achieve results
- Must be US citizen or US permanent resident.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!