Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Project Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Project Manager
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 12 months+
- Pay rate: 50/hr.
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job# bh11815
Date Posted: 10/23/2020
- We are in need of a project manager that has experience with managing DoD contracts. In a nutshell they are looking for:
- Project Management – Lots of deliverables to drive, timelines, coordination of activities, etc.
- Supply Chain experience – most of the deliverables are supply chain related activities. Need someone who already understands these types of manufacturing, procurement, and distribution deliverables and can effectively work with other supply chain professionals.
- Government and/or Military contract administration experience is preferred.
- Strong communication/documentation skills.
- This just became a priority position and they want some feedback by Monday on what we are seeing in the market, whether candidates are available, and how likely we can find a candidate to start the second week of November by the latest.
- This will be a one-year temp role. Max pay is $50hr but if candidates are asking for higher, let me know so I can give them that feedback. I think they will adjust for the right person.
- FYI - there are a lot of defense contractors in the area. General Atomics definitely has these types of candidates, so candidates should be in the area. The question is whether they would be open to temp/are they available.
Manager, Contract Administration and Supply Chain COE Projects
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Supply Chain Center of Excellence, the Contract Administration and Supply Chain COE Project Manager will oversee the coordination of government contracts in our Diagnostics Division. This manager will also lead and support multiple projects to build out our supply chain capacity and best practices.
The manager in this position will lead activities required to administer existing contracts as well as develop new contracts with government agencies as opportunities arise.
- manager will be the central point of contact between government agencies and our functional groups. They will develop timelines for contracted project deliverables, drive completion of activities per contracted agreements, and communicate progress to government agencies. The manager will also take a direct role in managing projects that build out our supply capacity and planning processes and tools.
Current Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage overall contract deliverables in compliance with the expectations of governmental agencies
- Establish and manage subcontracting plans to meet agency requirements
- Complete reports to government agencies and support required agency audits
- Proactively identify risks and elevate any potential gaps in contract compliance
- Ensure contractual payments are received when associated deliverables are completed
- Lead efforts to develop new contracts with governmental agencies as new opportunities develop
- Manage cross-functional projects to build out our Supply Chain capacity, best practices, and tools
- Two or more years of experience developing and administering contracts with government agencies. Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) preferred.
- Two or more years of demonstrated project management capability with a proven ability to drive results.
- Five or more years of experience in Supply Chain, Procurement, and/or Manufacturing roles.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and negotiating skills, with the ability to build credible relationships with multiple functions in a matrixed environment.
- Ability effectively communicate with government agencies and with all levels of the
- organization including executive management.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Software proficiency with MS Office suite and Oracle systems. Experience with Kinaxis RapidResponse or similar demand, supply, and financial planning systems preferred.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in a business or technical field with 7+ years of experience
- MBA or MS degree preferred, but not required
- CPCM, CCCM, CPCM, CFCM or similar government contract management accreditation highly recommended
Project Management PMP and other professional certifications in supply chain planning or operations research are desirable
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!