Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Finance Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Finance Manager
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract to Permanent
- Pay rate: 125K+
- Job Location: Sudbury, MA 01776
- Job#: bh11794
- Date Posted: 10/20/2020
We are looking for a jack-of-all trades type of person for the long term position. Someone that has solid Finance Accounting skills/experience of course, but also someone who has some managerial experience as well because they will perhaps move this person into even a higher-level managerial position at some point in an ideal scenario.
- Personality traits that the COO is looking for - Someone who is transparent, is very open in terms of their communicating skills - can admit to making a mistake, has a sense of humor.
- The person in this role will be very busy keeping up with some year-end AR/AP duties, preparing for year-end audit, general ledger duties, and COVID-related finances as well.
- They will be working in a team of roughly 5 or 6 people, and soon being the manager of the entire group if everything works out.
Reporting to the COO Internal Operations, the Finance Manager develops and implements accounting policies, coordinates system and procedure, and prepares operating data and special reports as required, including interim and year-end financial statements. Provides oversight of the company’s system of accounts, books and records of all company transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Manage finance and accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets
- Develop and Manage a strong, cohesive accounting team centered on efficient processes and communication
- Serve in a lead capacity for the annual audit
- Accumulates, distributes, monitors and evaluates cost information during each accounting period
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance
- Compare performance with operating plans and standards and report and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management. Provide financial metrics and analysis to assist and facilitate sound business decisions.
- Work with Inventory Department on BOM analysis
- Oversees the maintenance of records for fixed assets liabilities and government reporting
- Oversees the daily and monthly duties of those responsible for to cash management, general ledger activities and preparation of monthly financial statements and reporting
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value
- Works with the Human Resource department to assure compliance related to payroll with all state and local government agencies
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in accounting or finance
- Prior supervisory and advanced accounting experience. Knowledge of federal, state and local tax law
- Strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to communicate analysis and results in an effective and timely manner.
- Highly developed organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, QuickBooks, ERP. Experience with Sage Mas 500 and/or Paycom a plus
- Background/experience in manufacturing or minimal cost accounting a plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!