Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Wet Lab Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Wet Lab Manager
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 12 Months+
- Pay rate: 65-70/hr.
- Job Location: Valencia, CA
- Job#: bh11793
- Date Posted: 10/19/2020
- Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory personnel to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner.
- Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test process and evaluate results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment.
- Evaluate data for accuracy and verify any questionable finding with proper documentation, thorough investigation, and appropriate follow-through.
- Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
- Prepare and manage laboratory budget.
- Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise and assist in evaluation of employee competencies.
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implement new services for areas of responsibility.
- Requires strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens and accuracy of results.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
- Assist in maintaining CLIA and other accreditation and regulatory agency standards and regulations.
- Performing bench work and other duties as required including shift work.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Licensed in California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
- Bachelor’s Degree meeting course requirements for CLS licensure in California.
- Certification, as required for CLS licensure, by ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, or AMT.
- Minimum 10 years of clinical molecular experience.
- Extensive experience of clinical molecular experience.
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!