Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Extraction Supervisor
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Extraction Supervisor
Will supervise all Processors on assigned shift
7am-7pm - Week One Sun/Mon/Tues/Sat - Week Two Sun/Mon/Tues
7am-7pm - Week One Wed/Thurs/Fri - Week Two Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat
7pm-7am - Week One Sun/Mon/Tues/Sat - Week Two Sun/Mon/Tues
7pm-7am - Week One Wed/Thurs/Fri - Week Two Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 1 Year+
- Pay rate: 60-70/hr.
- Job Location: Valencia, CA
- Job# bh11784
- Date Posted: 10/16/2020
- Direct SARS-CoV-2 clinical testing in a high complexity laboratory operation including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions;
- Assures laboratory functions in a manner consistent with laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Demonstrate technical expertise.
- Contribute to good employee relationships and providing for staff development; performing employee performance appraisals.
- Adhere to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses.
- Manage and share daily workload; use time wisely and providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of test methodologies and quality control
- Develop, write, review and implement procedures and policies.
- Prepare laboratory for inspections and prepare reports as needed.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers;
- Demonstrate an awareness of client expectations and seek ways to always satisfy.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all laboratory computer related tasks and providing training to employees as necessary.
- Ensure all instrument maintenance is performed and documented; administer all established quality control procedures and troubleshoot instruments effectively when appropriate.
- Assist in the review, interpretation and reporting of complex and routine test results.
- Assist in the development of new protocols in clinical research programs.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical molecular experience
- Licensed in California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
- Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting highly desired
- Certification, as required for CLS licensure, by ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, or AMT
- Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing highly desired
- Experience with high throughput sample testing esp with RNA Extraction highly desired
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired
- Good, accurate computer skills
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!