Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Accessioning Supervisor
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Accessioning Supervisor
Will supervise all Processors on assigned shift
7am-7pm - Week One Sun/Mon/Tues/Sat - Week Two Sun/Mon/Tues
7am-7pm - Week One Wed/Thurs/Fri - Week Two Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat
7pm-7am - Week One Sun/Mon/Tues/Sat - Week Two Sun/Mon/Tues
7pm-7am - Week One Wed/Thurs/Fri - Week Two Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 1 Year+
- Pay rate: 60-70/hr.
- Job Location: Valencia, CA
- Job# bh11784
- Date Posted: 10/16/2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct sample accessioning in a high-complexity laboratory operation including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions.
- Adhere to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses. Manage and share daily workload; use time wisely, providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of test methodologies and quality control.
- Ensure integrity of specimen identification procedures are followed.
- Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever specimen identification and patient demographics do not meet established performance specifications.
- Provide orientation and training to all personnel.
- Perform, evaluate and document employee competency.
- Perform, evaluate and document employee performance appraisals.
- Develop, write, review and implement operational procedures and policies, as approved by Director or Manager.
- Assures laboratory functions in a manner consistent with laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Prepare laboratory for inspections and prepare reports as needed.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and perform duties of laboratory accessioners, as needed.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members, and customers.
- Demonstrate an awareness of client expectations and seek ways to satisfy.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all laboratory computer related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in biology or related scientific discipline
- Have at least 1 year of laboratory training or experience, or both in high complexity testing
- Previous supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting highly desired.
- Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing highly desired.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
- Have practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Be detail-oriented, well-organized and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good, accurate computer skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
- Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!