Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Controller
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior Controller
- Must have 7-10 years of experience, SAP, budgeting, forecasting experience
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 1 Year +
- Pay rate: 50-70/hr.
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job# bh11773
- Date Posted: 10/14/2020
The Senior Controller will serve as the primary liaison between Finance and Product Supply (Manufacturing, QA and QC), and will be responsible for developing and analyzing cost-of-goods information, preparing budgets and forecasts, and preparing financial reports.
- Form strong working relationships and become a trusted adviser to the Manufacturing, QA, QC, and Process Development functions.
- Assist manufacturing and commercial groups in developing and building a commercial supply chain.
- Oversee the accounting related to manufacturing for a commercial biotechnology company in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Lead the cost accounting process for our manufacturing operation, including performing periodic cost studies in support of our standard cost model, ensuring all batches are fully burdened with appropriate direct, indirect and overhead costs in compliance with said standard cost model, and the regular investigation, resolution and reporting of actual-to-standard variances.
- Lead unit of measure (UOM) initiatives, as well as inter and intra class conversions for direct materials.
- Provide business analysis, forecasting and budgeting for the manufacturing organization in partnership with our FP&A group, including making recommendations for financial and operational improvements.
- Maintain and make recommendations to improve our system of internal accounting controls as they relate to inventory and manufacturing.
- Work within our existing SAP existing ERP, lead efforts to recommend and implement any expansions of this system.
- Manage Finance contractor position
- Responsible for restructuring accounting in collaboration with corporate and NA Shared Services.
- Review and approve all monthly financial transactions related to the manufacturing site.
- Prepare and Present monthly financial reporting including dashboards and expense analysis.
- Oversight of system access and training to ensure corporate compliance.
- Support activities related to internal and external site audits such as Self-Assessment, Internal Audit and customer audits.
- Participate / lead financial process improvements for North America and Global finance.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Economics/Accounting/Finance or similar.
- Requires a strong working knowledge SAP Manufacturing and Financials Modules.
- Experience in a process manufacturing environment with specific experience in cost accounting is required.
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP as it applies to a manufacturing environment is required.
- Knowledge of accounting statements and financial reporting experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceuticals strongly encouraged.
- Excellent analytic skills; highly proficient in Excel-based modeling with strong computer skills are also required.
- Ability to operate both strategically (big picture) and operationally (small picture) is expected.
- SAP experience needed
- Must interact well in a team environment and demonstrate interpersonal relations by displaying a positive customer service attitude.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!