Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: IT QA Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: IT QA Analyst
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 5 Months+
- Pay rate: 70-75/hr.
- Job Location: Marlboro, MA
- Job#: bh11767
- Date Posted: 10/12/2020
Perform Mulesoft upgrade. There is no business functional changes as part of this project. The project is structured into three phases. We are currently in Build for Phase I with a go live targeting for mid-Q1 next year. The consultant will be working with the QA Manager to support the testing effort for all three phases.
QA Analyst would be involved in the entire software development lifecycle to ensure the quality of final products. S/He works closely with Project Managers, BA, Development Teams, business partners, QA Lead and vendor partners to understand the technology solutions and testing scope designed and implemented by our IT and/or vendor partners. The QA Analyst is ultimately accountable for testing program success and ensuring that all FDA QA requirements are met.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in requirement and technical design document reviews to provide feedback and story points
• Work with QA Lead to support creation of detailed test plans.
• Troubleshoot and triage issues. Work with multiple teams to determine root causes.
• Identify discrepancies, record, document thoroughly and track defects.
• Review test results and evaluate for conformance to design.
• Communicate test results and feedback with QA Lead and stakeholders.
• Perform thorough regression testing post code deployment and defect fix.
• Compile test cases and performing system, integration, and end to end testing on projects.
• Estimate level of effort needed to test and complete a task.
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
• Work with internal teams to identify system requirements.
• Track quality assurance metrics, such as defect density and open defect counts.
• Ability to work in an agile and waterfall environment.
• Create new and update existing QA documentation.
• Work closely with Development, Business Analysts and Product Owners to ensure project success.
• Work with peers in diverse geographical locations.
• Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• Participate in pre- and post-release testing activities.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Five + years of years quality assurance and testing experience.
• Five + years of experience in creating and executing test scripts; knowledge of software testing methodologies.
• Good understanding of SDLC and QA concepts, metrics analysis, methodologies, and documentations standards.
• Experience working with geographically diverse teams.
• Experience with JIRA and Zephyr.
• Experience with agile and waterfall methodologies.
• Experience in tools such as SOAP UI and Postman.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
• Hands on experience in writing clear and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Hands on experience with both white box and black box testing.
• Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
• Strong data analysis, data verification and proven problem-solving skills.
• Experience working in an agile/scrum/waterfall development process.
• Competency in using all processes and tools required to perform required duties and tasks. JIRA/Zephyr required.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams, cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
Position Description – IS QA Analyst (Contractor)
Page 2 of 2
• Ability to work with the business users, understand their needs, and support them through the quality process.
• Proven work experience in software development.
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!