Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Engineering Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Engineering Manager
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 160-180K
- Job Location: Lexington, MA
- Job# bh11759
- Date Posted: 10/7/2020
Our client is looking for an Engineering Manager for their software development teams focused on their new cloud product for identity and access solution. These teams are responsible for the architecture, design, and development of a cloud native, multitenant SaaS product for authentication and access management. This client is the #1 solution provider in this product domain for healthcare with its two leading products. These products are helping over 1 million users every day in saving time, reducing frustration and providing better patient care.
In addition to hands-on cloud, SaaS and product development experience they are looking for an Engineering manager who will be responsible for staffing, planning and the management of development deliverables of specific agile teams. The candidate will be someone who is highly technical and enjoys the challenge of tough technical problems. They need someone with a passion for building world-class scalable & high-performing applications with a desire to make an impact on their organization and on solving real-world problems. This position provides a unique opportunity to be key part of building a new cloud native SaaS product from ground-up!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver the scheduled releases, functionality and updates on expected schedule with scope as determined in partnership with Product and Release Management.
- Responsible for engineering leadership on two or more scrum teams. This includes active participation in architecture & design, technical leadership, problem solving, and code reviews.
- Manage several (8-10) offshore software engineers who work in our partner development locations.
- Manage software engineering resource assignment and allocation.
- Organize and coordinate activities with other dev managers, architects, leads, and senior management.
- Serve as liaison for software vendors and lead evaluation & procurement activities for various tools and software services.
- Drive development best practices and identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Recruit and retain top talent. Coach and mentor engineers.
- Collaborate with Sustaining and Customer Support organizations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- 8+ years of software development experience in designing and building enterprise applications.
- 2-5+ years in a software engineering management capacity including experience managing remote teams.
- 2+ years of product development on a major public cloud platform (AWS preferred).
- Experience with container technologies like Docker/Kubernettes
- Experience building software that is highly fault tolerant, scalable, and performant
- Programming in Java/Scala & experience with JVM open source frameworks
- Experience with REST, gRPC, JSON, web services and Linux environment
- Experience in the area of Reporting and Analytics with concepts of data lake/warehouse & visualization including tools like Tableau/Looker/Snowflake/Azure BI/Redshift
- Experience with cloud-based database technologies (e.g. RDS, Aurora) and knowledge of database development including the distributed data models for micro-services
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Proven track record of executing software development life cycle and successfully bringing products to market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners.
- Ability to work primarily in Eastern Standard time-zone, ability to work in Lexington MA preferred.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!