Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Shipping Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Shipping Manager
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 80-90K
- Job Location: Londonderry, NH
- Job#: bh11741
- Date Posted: 10/1/2020
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the overall management of day to day activities related with material control and movement including: Receiving, internal replenishment, cycle counting, supermarket management, milk-runs and general material put-away.
• Manages a team of approx. ten material handlers between first and second shift; establish cross-training plan and strategy
• Reviews current work execution tasks; drives improvements that reduce waste and improve efficiency
• Identifies and creates standard work for the department; how the department team spends their day to execute daily deliverables
• Holds daily standup meeting with the team at Gemba; tracks several internal metrics aimed to help drive improvement. Ensures the team has a daily plan for execution
• Implements and maintains 5S and visual management techniques to ensure continuous organization, housekeeping and visual management. Identifies areas to further bolster visual controls throughout material areas
• Responsible for staff management and development including assigning and directing work, appraising performance, hiring, training and retention, disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Point person for problem solving and issue resolution for inventory control related opportunities
• Highly motivated, hands on leader with a bias for action and continuous improvement
• Other project related initiatives as defined
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• 2-4 Years’ Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
• SAP experience preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• LEAN belt strongly desire
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!