Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Information Systems Business Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Information Systems Business Analyst
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6 months +
- Pay rate: 80-85/hr.
- Job Location: Waltham, MA
- Job#: bh11715
- Date Posted: 9/21/2020
POSITION SUMMARY: The IS Business Analyst is responsible for understanding our system platforms, conducting business/system analysis, and documenting system functional flows and requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Understand the current processes and system platforms.
2. Work with the internal Business Analysis (BA) team and IS resources to a. Understand how requirements are documented. b. Review existing requirements and system architecture documents. c. Interview internal resources to understand system functions/requirements and information flows across all platforms. d. Document system functional requirements and process/data flows, including data/business logic and validations.
3. Document appropriate control measures for future requirement management.
4. Educate BA team on industry best practices with documenting process flows and system functional requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with information technology focus PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:
• 10+ years of successful business analysis in software development lifecycle, including business planning, data/system analysis, process analysis and design, business and functional requirements analysis, and use case/user story analysis.
• 7+ years practical experience using Visio, LucidChart or the like documenting data/process flows.
• Proficient with software development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, etc. • Excellent analytical skills for complex problem solving.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
• Excellent reasoning and strong decision-making skills.
• Competency in using all processes required to perform required duties and tasks, including business process flows and requirement gathering processes.
• Competency in using all tools required to perform duties and tasks, including MS Office, Lucidchart/Visio, Jira and Confluence.
PREFERRED AND NOT REQUIRED:
• Certification in the BA space is strongly preferred.
• Able to identify, assess and resolve complex business problems/issue/risks and facilitate issue resolution.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!