Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Technical Operations Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Technical Operations Specialist
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 70-85K
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job#: bh11692
- Date Posted: 9/14/2020
The Technical Operations Specialist is a key member of the high performing team that is bringing an advanced lithium ion battery to market along with developing the proprietary manufacturing system that will produce this product. The successful candidate will lead key daily operational activities with a keen eye for safety compliance across the organization supporting Operations, Product Development, Advanced Manufacturing and Advanced R&D teams. Our engineering development programs are fast paced, requiring the person in this role to move quickly and confidently, ensuring colleagues have the resources available to safely, efficiently, and effectively complete team goals. Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to expand technical and regulatory knowledge are required, as are a strong work ethic and attention to detail. The role will report to the Manager, EHS & Operations.
· Assume responsibility for safe daily operations in a fast-paced R&D and pilot production environment
· Organize and manage consumables for laboratory and production floor. Assist manager and teammates with ordering of key materials
· Maintain daily compliance with EPA, MA DEP, and our regulations and best practices for hazardous waste management including coordination of vendor provided services
· Act as front-line technical resource to verify the safe receipt, storage, and handling of raw materials used in our processes
· Lead maintenance of key process and laboratory safety equipment, collaborating with Facilities Manager when necessary
· Support shipping and receiving activities including preparation of outbound shipments
· Act as a technical resource for safe handling hazardous materials and chemical hygiene best practices
· Prepare shipments of dangerous goods and hazardous materials with a keen eye for compliance
· Other responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years directly related work experience. Highly qualified and motivated candidates with less experience will be considered
- Lithium ion manufacturing experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of hazardous waste management regulations. Documented RCRA/DOT training a plus
- Experience with safe handling of hazardous chemicals
- Demonstrated history of having a strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Exercises good time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to debug and solve basic equipment issues a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Familiarity with purchasing and inventory management best practices
- Documented IATA Dangerous Goods training a plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!