Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: RNA Extraction Technicians
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: RNA Extraction Technicians
- BSc Chemistry/Biology/Molecular Biology/Medical technology
- Ideally 2yrs clinical lab doing DNA/RNA extraction or PCR (will take less)
- Familiar with instrumentation
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 18 months+
- Pay rate: 30-37/hr.
- Job Location: Valencia, CA
- Job# bh11689
- Date Posted: 9/25/2020
- Perform clinical laboratory testing for SARS-CoV-2.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform clinical testing for SARS-CoV-2 according to standard operating procedures
- Maintain legible work records
- Enter findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Participate, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Track and, if specifically trained, perform equipment maintenance
- Follow instructions from supervisors
- Perform all job duties in a manner consistent with, laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree meeting course requirements for CLS licensure in California.
- 1+ years clinical laboratory experience.
- Good, accurate computer skills
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- Licensed in California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) preferred
- Certification, as required for CLS licensure, by ASCP, ASCPi, AAB, or AMT preferred
Working Conditions: (describe office, loading dock, lab environment, include shifts and any travel)
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!