Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
We are currently looking for a world-class embedded system engineer to join our vehicle development team. Candidates should be self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity, and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 120-130K
- Job Location: Burlington, MA
- Job# bh11684
- Date Posted: 9/10/2020
Scope of Position
The engineer will support the development of onboard electrical systems for the driving element of the Transition® roadable aircraft. This role reports to the Hybrid Systems Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Aid in the development of the Vehicle Control Unit (VCU) and/or Electrical Control Unit (ECU)
- Create/refine finite state machines and implement controllers for vehicle systems in software
- Aid in the development of a system for distributed control of an engine, electric motors, and actuators over a CAN network
- Support definition of the data interface specification (e.g., CAN, RS-485, etc.)
- Address custom CAN messaging and VCU communications with hand coding as required
- Participate as a key player in the design-build-test process for the Transition, including conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design, requirements definition, design reviews, prototyping, and testing
- Develop and execute processes for test-driven design of software modules.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with other engineers, technical personnel, and management
- Support and participate in hardware testing activities – component, drive, and/or flight – as needed, included test plan creation, data analysis, and test report generation and documentation
- Support FAA certification with compliance activities and best practices, including design, test, and analysis documentation, internal and external audits, and other activities as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering and 8+ years technical work experience, OR
- Master’s degree in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering and 5+ years technical work experience
- Proven experience with robust software development cycles: taking software from concept through detailed development, executing code on targets, and test to internal/external requirements
- Proven experience developing software for automobiles, particularly for vehicle control
- Experience with CAN messaging protocol
- Software Experience: C/C++ and Simulink
- Experience with test driven development for embedded systems
- Formal training or practical experience with software revision control techniques and tools
- Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with software design, documentation and testing per DO-178B/C
- Functional safety experience with ISO-26262 or IEC 61508
- Experience with ASTM F2245 or FMVSS
- Experience programming CPLDs or other logic devices
- Familiarity with modern electrical design layout tools such as Altium or Cadence products
- Knowledge or expertise in CAN Aerospace, CANopen SAE J1939, ARINC-429 ARINC-825protocols
- Familiarity with Python
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!