Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Desktop Support Specialist
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract
- Pay rate: 30-37/hr.
- Job Location: Valencia, CA
- Job#: bh11679
- Date Posted: 9/9/2020
Provide desktop and network support to all levels of stakeholders across our sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications like Office etc.
- Assist all our users with any IT related incident when called upon
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- Install and configure new IT equipment
- Resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- Resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential
- safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject preferred
- Basic knowledge around IT infrastructure and network
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!