Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Procurement Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Procurement Specialist
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract
- Pay rate: 40-43/hr.
- Job Location: Valencia, CA
- Job#: bh11676
- Date Posted: 9/9/2020
- Procure lab supplies, consumables and services in support of the clinical testing laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Site Management and Logistics team to develop and sustain supply chain and functional capability required to support the lab’s mission and contractual obligations to our customer
- Responsible for implementation of new item pricing in SAP Interface with key functional partners
- (Global Commodity, Site Management, Finance, and Database Administration) for regular review and recalibration to ensure cost competitiveness
- Obtain purchased items by forwarding purchase orders to suppliers: monitoring and expediting orders
- Creates purchasing information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends
- Manage assigned suppliers, materials and commodities to ensure on-time delivery, high quality items and services, at optimized costs
- Investigate and negotiate agreements with key suppliers to optimize parts availability and cost
- Work with planner/logistics to ensure proper inventory levels to the lab’s consumption needs
- Troubleshoot internal supply issues such as quality, receipts and payment issues
- Drives efficiency improvements and cost reductions
- Interfaces with and assists in data management and reporting to support all facets of sourcing and purchasing operations
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; equivalent experience accepted
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in material procurement
- Detail Orientated- Highly organized
- SAP knowledge and experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!