Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Specimen Processors
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Specimen Processors (All Shifts)
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract
- Pay rate: 25-33/hr.
- Job Location: Valencia, CA
- Job#: bh11672
- Date Posted: 9/9/2020
- Receive and accession samples for clinical testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the receiving and processing of clinical samples within the guidelines of the site working procedures.
- Enter data into the laboratory information systems.
- Splitting down and removing excess packaging reducing waste footprint within the building.
- Timely transfer of samples from and to internal lab areas
- Maintenance of an organized and tidy sample receipt facility/working area
- Maintain legible work records
- Follow instructions from supervisors
- Perform all job duties in a manner consistent with, laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ years clinical laboratory experience.
- Good, accurate computer skills
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!