Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Controls Automation Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Senior Controls Automation Engineer
- The position will be more on the R&D side of things
- This job is more on the development side than manufacturing
- Remote to start
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 120-140K
- Job Location: Waltham, MA
- Job#: bh11670
- Date Posted: 9/8/2020
We are seeking an experienced software engineer with controls experience to develop the next generation controllers. This individual will work closely with cross functional team and customers to understand the needs for both new and existing installations. This software position will contribute to ATF, TFDF, TFF systems and all new technologies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop software solutions by conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigate problem areas following software development lifecycle
- Significant work with systems automation team to create and implement longer term strategy for differentiation of our systems for integration in customer workflows.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient PLC, embedded or DeltaV code
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures using our standards/templates
- Understand customer applications and needs leading to controller designs and specifications that meet these needs
- Develop project plans and schedules leading to timely release of new controller products. Project scope includes: Definition, design/specification, sourcing, construction, testing, documentation, transfer to manufacturing.
- Work closely with outside suppliers to make sure the product components meet the specifications is critical
- Manage both timeline and resources in order to meet the plan
- Responsibilities include hands-on coding, building and testing as needed
- As in-house expert, this individual will be responsible for support of Manufacturing and Field Service on electrical/controls issues or upgrades as needed
- Improve operations by conducting manufacturing systems analysis; recommend changes in procedures
- License software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommend purchases; test and approve products
- Provide improvement suggestions by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Expert in programming of Rockwell and Siemens PLC platforms
- Expert in programming PC based and Conventional HMI
- Experience with GMP Projects and 21CFR compliance
- Proven track record with both software and hardware specification and design
- Proficient knowledge of DSC systems such as DeltaV
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with RTOS, embedded control/microprocessor architecture a definite plus
- Ability to develop software in C, C++, C#, Java or other selected languages a plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!