Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Sr. DevOps Engineer
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 140-150K
- Job Location: Lexington, MA
- Job# bh11661
- Date Posted: 9/4/2020
The client's DevOps team works closely with Development teams and is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the automation infrastructure hosted in the cloud and used by those teams. The Senior DevOps Engineer role is to provide cloud hosting, Infrastructure as code and configuration management expertise that allows Dev teams to promote their code from Dev Environment all the way to Production in an automated and repeatable fashion. The Senior DevOps Engineer will work with Dev and QE teams on integrating QE automated tests into CI-CD pipelines that utilize these same test environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the design and creation of cloud infrastructure environments planning for scale and growth.
- Creating/Maintaining CI-CD pipelines that include Infrastructure as code and Environment configuration stages as well as traditional build/deploy/test steps.
- Working with development and quality teams to increase deployment and testing velocity.
- Providing technical guidance to Dev and Quality teams on how to best integrate automated quality tests into CI-CD so as to decrease time spent on the testing while ensuring high levels of test coverage and delivering high quality applications.
- Creating, maintaining, and improving procedures and runbooks to be used by senior and more junior team members.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code and configuration management using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, and Helm.
- Create and improve DevOps tooling via automation using modern scripting languages such as Python.
- Strong knowledge of CI-CD and Cloud Governance.
- 4+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure design and deployments.
- Experience in implementing Infrastructure as code automation in the cloud using Terraform.
- Expert knowledge of a configuration management tool such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in creating CI-CD pipelines.
- Seasoned Linux administration/troubleshooting capabilities.
- Knowledge of networking, database, application performance management, monitoring and alerting system, load balancing, and security systems.
Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or a related technical area, or demonstrated technical and operational experience with SaaS Operations.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!