Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Clinical Lab Scientist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Ideally, we want candidates who have handled biological samples in a clinical environment (blood, tissue samples, etc.).
Environmental, waste water, paint, metal testing, etc. will not be a fit.
2+ years industry XP, I would look at recent grads with STRONG intern/extern/co-op experience - preferably with a company, but would consider with a university/research capacity.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract
- Pay rate: Market Rate
- Job Location: Valencia, CA
- Job# bh11659
- Date Posted: 9/1/2020
- Performs clinical laboratory tests, procedures and analysis for COVID19 Clinical Diagnosis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing
- Conducts analysis of dried blood spots, whole blood, nasopharyngeal swabs, e.t.c.
- Reviews test results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipments according to established schedule and procedure
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance [performed on laboratory instruments.
- Participates, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a physical science such as chemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
- 2+ years clinical laboratory experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!