Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Technical Writer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Technical Writer
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract
- Pay rate: 50-52/hr.
- Job Location: Shelton, CT
- Job# bh11658
- Date Posted: 9/1/2020
- Works with global cross-functional teams including customers, project stakeholders, subject matter experts, service, and technical support throughout the product development lifecycle to design, plan, and develop a wide range of technical and end-user information products. Products may be for software, hardware, and service including technical guides, tutorials, and Web-based help systems to support new scientific instrumentation products.
- Creates clear, concise, user and service documentation for both internal and external customers.
- Researches, writes, proofreads, edits, and may translate end-user manuals and online help.
- Adapts OEM documentation to fit company specifications.
- Creates screen shots and illustrations using graphic tools. Takes digital photographs of Hardware for inclusion in guides and technical documentation.
- Assists in the design of documentation templates and the development of group’s tools. Maintains Technical Writing SOPs and templates.
- Complies with documentation control practices and procedures.
- Ensures documentation reflects current safety information.
- Maintains files of the latest revision level documentation necessary to define product configuration and demonstrate full traceability.
- Degree in a Technical Communication or Science-related discipline with emphasis on Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or Engineering.
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills are critical.
- Excellent team orientation is critical.
- Life Science instrumentation and lab experience preferred.
Skills in Microsoft Office, Jira, SharePoint, FrameMaker, RoboHelp, and CorelDRAW preferred.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!