Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Application Project Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Application Project Manager
The Application Project Manager is responsible for providing project management capability in support of the CDBU’s strategic and tactical initiatives, particularly as they relate to the Business Application Department’s delivery of technology projects. Project management experience with business applications such as SAP ECC, SAP S/4 HANA, SAP Business Objects and SalesForce are essential for this role.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 80-1000K
- Job Location: Milford, MA
- Job# bh11657
- Date Posted: 9/1/2020
- Possess knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, time management practices, and change management techniques, primarily relating to business applications such as SAP ECC, SAP S/4 HANA, SAP Commerce Cloud, SalesForce, Dell Boomi, and other enterprise-class solutions. Examples include project managing functional changes for reports, screens and logic, or technical upgrades, or system integration, or data improvement initiatives, or integration of acquired companies.
- Lead and motivate project teams and facilitate communication and interaction among the functional representatives.
- Document, manage and drive progress against agreed-upon timelines, including development of project plans, Gantt charts and critical path analysis. Develops\maintains project management artifacts such as Charters, Schedules, Risk Assessments, RACI Matrices.
- Prepare and maintain detailed and accurate project reports.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
- Work collaboratively with CDBU department resources to ensure a fully joined-up approach to project deliveries.
- Works with Sr. Director to track program against its schedule, budget and against phase review objectives, reporting status to executive and senior leadership teams on a regular basis.
- Works in the strictest confidence to manage, deliver and report on the project plans.
- Ability to apply change, risk and resource management principles as needed.
- Monitors and reports progress to key stakeholders in a relevant and timely manner with significant regard to transparency and objectivity.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Demonstrated ability in project planning and delivery of objectives.
- Capable of working independently in project planning, creation, and reporting.
- Experienced at managing conflicts in resource availability by working with the Sr. Director and key leadership to make timing trade-offs.
- Ability to interpret requirements and expectations and to make key linkages to ensure plans are joined up.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate quickly across complex project-plans and to make well-reasoned decisions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with effective meeting and presentation skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional team environment, working up, down, and across the organization to deliver results.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimally, a BS degree within project management, computer science, management information systems or a similar field.
- Minimally, formally trained in Project Management using a consulting firm’s proprietary approach, SAP’s ASAP or Activate methodology, PMP, or Agile\SCRUM.
- Minimally, 10 years project management experience with leading business application implementations, upgrades, SOX and other transformations, functional improvements, system integration, and integrating acquisitions. Project management experience with business applications such as SAP ECC, SAP S/4 HANA, SAP Business Objects, SalesForce, and Dell Boomi. Experience with other enterprise-class tools nice-to-have.
- Trained and experienced with a System Development Life Cycle. Minimally, 5+ years’ experience with mainstream IT processes, e.g., IT purchasing, IT SOWs, Test Management, Requirements Management, Change Management, SOX or other IT controls frameworks.
- Attention to detail, well organized and innovative
- Driven and keen to invest in self-development
- Strong team player
- Effective communicator
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!