Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Principal Automation Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Principal Automation Engineer
As a part of our team, you will work under guidance of the Automation Test Manager to plan, design, develop and support automation fixtures, policies, procedures and software that will be used to automate and streamline both repetitive and custom tests. Working together with the team and the leadership, you will be responsible for creating technological plan for the future of the group. You will be responsible for identifying best cost/performance platforms and technologies, interface with suppliers and deliver the final product to the team that will be using it, as well as providing continuous support for the existing fixtures. You will be working with project teams to identify needs. You should possess enough technical depth to support troubleshooting of complex cross functional problems and document findings. Also, you will develop and maintain software architecture for the core tests functionality.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6 months +
- Pay rate: 75-79/hr.
- Job Location: Bedford, MA 01730
- Job#: bh11630
- Date Posted: 8/25/2020
Develop the technical vision for the automation group
• Be a strong advocate for Software Industry Best Practices.
• Create support software to improve automation in analysis, delivery and display of tests.
• Create software to automate the collection of core tests functionality
• Planning deployment and testing as well as training of the end users.
• Prepare documentation and user manual.
• Coordinate suppliers.
7-10 years of experience in automation and/or software development in python and C#.
• Have knowledge and general understanding of SLAM principals and how it can be applied
• Experience developing electro-mechanical systems that contain complex software behaviors.
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
• Experience working in cross functional teams.
Experience with industrial robotic arms and implementing safety protocols for industrial robotic arms
• Experience with ROS.
• Experience with Machine Vision systems.
• Advanced degree in Engineering.
• Proficient with mechanical and electrical tools used in product development of electromechanical systems (common hand tools, drills, presses, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, etc.).
• Experience with Linux OS, Windows OS
BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Control Engineering.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!