Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Manufacturing Team Leader
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Manufacturing Team Leader
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract to Permanent
- Pay rate: 30/hr.
- Job Location: Concord, MA
- Job#: bh11622
- Date Posted: 8/24/2020
The Manufacturing Team Leader will be a critical contributor in a mission that truly represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a company that is making significant investments in establishing US manufacturing, expanding internationally, and delivering a consistent cadence of product innovations to the market and investing in its people.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Manufacturing Technicians on a line of highly automated and advanced manufacturing equipment necessary for the production of our signature product. This individual will be responsible for training and cross-training incoming Manufacturing Technicians to both operate and repair issues across a variety of technologies including: heat staking, laser welding, mechanical swaging, printed circuit board (PCB) handling and testing, and robotic automation. In addition to equipment operation and maintenance, this individual will be responsible for monitoring the product quality performance of their assigned line and overseeing general machine troubleshooting in the event of faults and machine stops. This position requires strong leadership and communication skills, mechanical aptitude, technical ability, machine troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, ability to read and understand blue-prints, and the willingness to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Oversee the manufacturing technicians on assigned automation line focusing on performance, product quality, and operational efficiency.
- Document and report status of operational goals through the use of operational scorecards.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for solutions.
- Ensure the use of consistent processes and procedures to support efficient operations and enhance product quality.
- Train incoming Manufacturing Technicians who are assigned to their assigned automation line.
- Perform equipment setup, operation, repair, and scheduled critical preventative maintenance tasks to meet all standards for safety, quality and efficiency. These tasks must be completed under minimal supervision.
- Maintain machine raw material feeds, perform any fault clearing and clear stoppages on automated equipment.
- Utilize human machine interfaces (HMIs) to identify and correct shifts in process control.
- Ensures adequate raw material is prepared correctly and jobs are run in a timely manner to ensure on-time delivery.
- Executes equipment inspections and generates emergency, corrective, or preventative work orders as needed.
- Troubleshoot and identify potential solutions for mechanical errors, safety issues or general operating inefficiencies within the production processes.
- Interface directly with cross-functional departments to help drive preventative maintenance schedules, techniques, and training improvements.
- Able to utilize computer systems to support in the material inventory and quality management processes.
- Participates in manufacturing processes to support new product design transfer and process development.
- Investigates and resolves process issues within their equipment cells.
- Execution of equipment/process validation protocols under minimal supervision.
- Perform routine cleaning/inspection/lubrication of machinery.
- Performing maintenance and calibration of measuring and monitoring devices.
- Able to use measuring tools to ensure correct tolerances.
- Works from specifications, work orders, and general instructions from Production Supervisor/Team Lead.
- Able to write and/or revise production work instructions, preventative maintenance tasks, and equipment documentation.
- Safely follow standard operating procedures including but not limited to material handling, record keeping, packaging, and shipment preparation. Must follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Notifies Team Leader or Production Supervisor of any discrepancies to ensure quality standards and safety of operations are maintained at all times.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organization, and capable of working independently with minimal instruction from production supervisor.
- Able to work in small groups and cross functional teams to troubleshoot issues, identify and implement collective corrective actions.
- Maintain a clean work environment suitable for medical device manufacturing and cleanroom production.
- Train and mentor fellow technicians on the manufacturing processes, equipment, and general mechanical skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In addition to the above, requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma and at least 3 years of on-the-job manufacturing experience.
- Must be proficient in English language to be able to read documentation, communicate, and write.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Manufacturing experience in Medical Device Industry.
- Previous experience working in a clean room environment.
- Previous experience with assembling, debugging and optimizing discrete component assembly processes.
- Previous experience with technologies such as laser welding, heat staking, ultrasonic welding, and ESD-sensitive devices.
- Familiarity with machining equipment and processes such as milling machines, lathes and grinders.
- Experience in a start-up production environment is a plus.
- Experience running, debugging, and/or maintaining highly automated equipment.
- Experience working with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs).
- Experience working with discrete component assembly
- Familiarity with manufacturing instrumentation such as optical gauging, video microscopes, micrometers, calipers, feeler gauges, dial indicators, and gauge blocks.
- Self-starter capable of dealing with a variety of tasks in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ideal candidate will have keen eye for quality, is dependable, and will work collaboratively within a team, and possess a positive attitude.
- Leadership & Communication – Recognizes strengths of the technicians on their team, fosters a respectful working relationship, encourages two way communication, and clearly communicates expectations to their team as well as provides feedback when expectations are/are not met.
- Mechanical Aptitude – Knowledge of and experience with automated machines and tools, including design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production & Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, measurement instruments, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for the manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra and/or geometry.
- Problem Solving – Recognizes problems and understands root cause analysis techniques/concepts.
- Detail Oriented – Strong attention to detail.
- Autonomy – Able to run, diagnose, and repair equipment independently with minimal supervision
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!