Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Software in Test
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Software Engineer in Test
We are seeking a Software Engineer in Test. This software engineer will create and execute test plans, work closely with product developers to define tests and develop software test automation to enhance regression, continuous integration and smoke test environments. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products – all, while inventing the future.
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6 months+
- Pay rate: 50-53/hr.
- Job Location: Bedford, MA 01730
- Job# bh11603
- Date Posted: 8/17/2020
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Execute both manual and automated tests.
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements.
- Triage defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Develop test plan, test cases and procedures for testing new products and sustaining efforts.
- Install / setup of test environment.
- Prioritize automation and manual efforts.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program.
- Communicate issues to developers through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to test execution resources for running tests (manual and automated), collecting results.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- Lead software test effort for individual products.
- 3 years’ experience in software test.
- Familiarity with software build and delivery process.
- Familiarity with software test tools and processes (bug tracking, test case management, etc.)
- Experience with test automation and frameworks for both GUI and CLI testing.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux -- system & network management, troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Adaptive fast learner – able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient using MS Office productivity packages – Excel and Word.
- Experience in Agile methodology a plus
- Team engagement, able to bridge the gap between software developers and software test engineers.
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies is a plus:
- Robotics: embedded systems for control, navigation, manipulation, sensors, video.
- Communications: Ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, Cloud environment.
- OS: Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS
- API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks
- Mobile platform testing and automation
- Experience with Test Management Systems
BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- SOFTWARE TESTING
- MICROSOFT WINDOWS
- EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- TEST CASES
- TECHNICAL PROBLEM SOLVING
- MAC OS
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexon Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!